General Cleaning and Care
- Wipe up any spills as soon as possible. If left unattended, the spill can etch the polish and dull the finish of the stone. Beverages such as coke and Orange juice contain acidic ingredients that when in contact with limestone can deteriorate the stone.
- Rinse and dry your natural stone surface after washing. This is very effective on dark stones to get rid of streaks
- Daily Cleanings should be accompanied by periodic deep cleanings. Daily spot cleaning is simply wiping up any accidental spills promptly, if you do get a stain, attend to it as soon as possible with a slightly stronger solution of detergent and then poultice cleaner if the detergent cleaner in unsuccessful.
Tips and Warnings
- Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids on marble or limestone.
- Do not use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub and tile cleaners.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners, scouring powders, of soft cleaners
- Do not mix cleaning products such as ammonia and bleach together. The result is toxic.
- Do not ever mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so.