General Cleaning and Care
- Wipe down marble surfaces with a damp rag and buff dry with a chamois for routine weekly cleaning.
- Use a neutral, nonabrasive cleaner (such as acetone, hydrogen peroxide or clear ammonia) for tough stains.
- Apply the cleaner with a cloth and buff dry
- After cleaning, polish marble surface using a marble polish containing tin oxide.
- Protect Floors with a stone sealer, and use standard nonabrasive floor cleaners to clean them
- Place coasters under glasses and put plastic under cosmetics on marble surfaces.
- Use rugs to cover stone floors
Tips and Warnings
- Refer scratches of any depth to a professional.
- Powdered cleansers will scratch or damage marble.
- Even weak acids such as: vinegar, wine, Orange Juice, or cola can damage marble. Mop up spills immediately and rinse with water.